Haus Eulenspiegel is one of the oldest commercial buildings in Aachen, founded in 1760 by a bookseller in an old wooden building on the Granusturm. The house got its name from the bookseller known for his "Eulenspiegeleien".

After the war the Etzler family rebuilt the almost completely destroyed house and made their "joke article" - business widely known.

Since 1992 Haus Eulenspiegel has been the first address for tea in Aachen.